Are you an experienced Sewing Assistant? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Linen Assistant to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated linen team, who deliver outstanding services for patients and visitors.
As a linen assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance in the linen services supply and distribution within our Hospital. This will involve, repairing, labelling and altering items of hospital linen and uniforms. What we'll give:
- £9.65 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- Fixed term contract until 31/12/2022
- Must have driving licence
- Monday to Friday
- Shift Pattern from 8am to 4pm
- May need to work weekends to cover holidays & sickness
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
More about the role:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
Who you are:
- To ensure linen meets the standards laid down by the Trust.
- To sort linen and pack trolleys to the agreed standards.
- To ensure delivery levels are maintained to service level agreements.
- Control and carry out curtain changing programme.
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis and following clear guidelines as requested.
- Record all information as required to ensure adherence to standards.
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
Who we are:
- It is essential that applicants have sewing & Measuring experience, with experience using a Lock Stitch' sewing machine & to overlock' also.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.