- Job Reference: HOT08KR8
- Date Posted: 21 July 2022
- Employer: Hilton
- Website: http://jobs.hilton.com
- Location: Newcastle
- Salary: £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Full Time
Here at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, we overlook the Tyne Bridge and are less than a mile from Gateshead metro station and eight minutes from the A1 motorway. The Quayside area is a short walk away, home to the nightlife hotspots, Sunday markets and art exhibitions. Utilita Arena and St James’ Park are within two miles. Not forgetting our indoor pool with a sauna and steam room and our Windows on the Tyne riverside restaurant. Guests can meet in style in one of our thirteen meeting rooms and we offer bespoke family experiences for travellers below the age of twelve.
Here at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, we create heartfelt experiences for all our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Working 39 hours a week on a rate of £10 per hour.
A Linen Porter is responsible for ensuring hotel clean and dirty linen is managed in an appropriate way and that the Linen Porter are supplied with the correct products to service the rooms.
Set Shifts of; (flexibility will be required to cover holidays and peaks in the business)
Friday – 07:30-15:30
Saturday 09:00 -17:00
Predominantly working as a linen porter but there may be occasions other duties will be assigned.
What will I be doing?
As a linen porter, you are responsible for ensuring organisation of all linen procedures in the hotel, clean and dirty, ensuring the room attendants are supplied with all linen as required. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure cleanliness of linen room and service areas.
• Receive and count in clean linen from the linen supplier ensuring the delivery matches the consignment note.
• Report any missed items off the linen delivery to the housekeeping supervisor.
• Distribute the clean linen throughout the hotel linen stores.
• Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks
• Collect dirty bed and towel linen from the bedroom floors and cage up accordingly.
• Be environmentally aware
• Dispose of waste accordingly
• Carry out linen room duties such as cleaning, lint removal, washing cloths/shower curtains/mattress toppers
• Replenish housekeeping stock room and keep clean and tidy at all times
• Manage guest requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Manage master keys in his/her possession
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
A Linen Porter serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Hotel experience
• Experience in a similar position
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!