We are currently recruiting for two Lite Helpdesk Specialists to join the Leicester Team.
British Gas Lite is a start-up energy supply business providing SME business customers with smart, online electricity and gas contracts. By using smart meters and a low-cost operating model, we offer lower prices than our competitors. Following the successful set up of the British Gas Lite proposition in 2017, the team have rapidly grown through 2019.
Our helpdesk team are at the heart of the Lite Team providing quick, informative and knowledgeable webchat service to our customers and partners.
The successful applicant will have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, with a background in customer service. The person will be an expert in the energy industry be able to effectively communicate with customers and partners no matter what the query. The Helpdesk agents see the customers enquiry through to the resolution to give an end to end personal service and do not do 'hand off's'.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing advice and answering queries from customers via webchat when they need a little help, or they've not been able to find the answer online.
- Managing complaints when we've not met the customers' expectations, helping restore trust and confidence in the Lite product.
- Understanding the end-to-customer journey so that we can service all customer needs - we are the single point of contact because we don't do 'handoffs'!
- Supporting brokers and our sales partners on webchat when they have queries about the product, or they need help servicing their customers.
- Assisting with sales quality audits to make sure our new customers get set up accurately before they come on supply.
- Making proactive contact with customers where they've not been able to complete their journey online or where they need a little nudge in maintaining their account.
- Supporting processes and customer journeys where automation is still being developed.
- Identifying common themes and potential problems to help understand ways to reduce contact or improve our product or processes.
- Supporting the wider Lite team with activities that help improve the product by sharing customer feedback & experiences.
Naturally, you have a passion for customer care and a desire to be a part of an agile & innovative team that want to make a difference to the energy industry.
Your background and skills include:
- Broad knowledge of energy industry and processes is essential.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions, sometimes based on minimal information.
- Confident in dealing with ambiguity and willing to challenge assumptions.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize across a varied workload whilst working under pressure.
- Keen to proactively learn & share knowledge within the team.
- Emotional resilience to work under pressure and multitask effectively.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to suggest improvements & new solutions.
- Attention to detail, able to identify issues, errors or mistakes that have occurred.
- Proven experience in a customer facing energy role essential
Does this sound like you? Please provide a CV and supporting statement with your application