Who we are
giffgaff is a little different to your 'normal' telecoms company. It's a mobile business owned by Telefonica but is run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is. We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It's important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but every day, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.The Role and the Team
When members need help we surpass their expectations. It's why this year we were ranked in the top 10 of the UK Customer Satisfaction Index, by The Institute of Customer Service. And our ambition doesn't stop here. We're looking for a Live Service Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the successful resolution of service delivery incidents/problems associated with giffgaff operations.
We do things differently to other networks, we're online-only and we're run by our members. We apply a community-based model to all we do, rewarding and recognising our members when they help us, and when they help other members.
You'll share our people-centric attitude, keen to find ways to keep our members front and centre of your work.
You'll be excited to get stuck in to finding new and innovative ways to deliver service improvement capabilities. You'll join our Live Service team, reporting to our Head of Live Service manager
In your day to day, you'll work closely with our Technical Operations team, Member Service stakeholders, community and with our partners (external service providers). It's important you enjoy working collaboratively and have excellent people skills.
The role has significant responsibilities of diverse teams. Interface with the compliance team (PCI, GDPR including right to be forgotten, etc.) partners and improvement are underlying areas of expertise focus.Key responsibilities for the role:
- Own, manage and conclude Incidents, Problems and Defects when assigned to you.
- Part of key contacts for out of hours Incident and Change Management support.
- Create and Manage Service improvement plans whilst measuring, reporting and communicating progress of the CSI's (continuous service improvements).
- Pro-actively drives engagements to ensure that all approved tasks are completed and that they achieve the desired results.
- Request revisions to policies, processes, procedures and plans where necessary.
- Provides expert problem and major incident management leadership to difficult, high profile giffgaff member issues
- Where service improvement is required, ensures that a clear plan is established, and agreed with the appropriate parties on how to move forward consistently
- Ensures and monitors that root-cause analysis of partner service issues is conducted and learning is shared and applied for future benefit
- As a Live Service manager, you are able to set targets for improvements in service quality and identify issues whilst having the ability explain the difference between SLA baselines and actual figures.
- Demonstrable experience of having designed and implemented significant satisfactory improvements as well as productivity improvements.
- Extensive experience as a Service Manager in the Telecommunications industry with proven experience in dealing with Major Incidents and Change Management stakeholder activities
- Proven track record of managing critical and large scale 3 rd parties within Technology
- Have demonstrated the ability to build close working-relationships with colleagues
- Proven track record of monitoring and execution of policy standards (PCI, GDPR including right to be forgotten).
- Strong experience of IT, service management or consulting
- A good level of understand the following Technologies (Reddis, web services, Jenkins, GitHub, OpenShift and cloud related infrastructures.
- Proven experience within a fast-moving agile environment where the DevSecOps framework has been adopted.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ITIL, Lean Six Sigma, PMI, Scrum and Agile)
- Worked within a team where defects, problems and CSI has been at the core of the role.
- Showing accountability and positive tenacity.
- You will possess excellent stakeholder management skills and will be a strong influencer and negotiator, with demonstrable success at managing third-party supplier relationships
- Ability to keep calm when under pressure and the ability to work well in a high pressured, fast moving environment
- A passion to deliver brilliant digital service levels where the "standard operational levels" are not good enough for the demand from our members.
- Live and breathe giffgaff's 4 core values: positive, curious, gritty and collaboration
- The ideal candidate will need to have an ability to concisely communicate with authenticity at all levels so that messages are adopted irrespective of rank, role or position.
- Self-sufficient with the drive to look for new challenges without being told what to do.
- Have the ability to think outside the box and challenge colleagues, peers or senior leaders in a constructive way.
- Someone that can identify a problem within a process, flow or ways of working but also finds the solution to pitch to the team and owns the delivery of the solution to inception.
- Creative and imaginative approach to strategic thinking and problem-solving with our members being at the heart of each thought.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and show a lot of passion in their day to day role.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised, and here at giffgaff, we will provide all of the support and tuition required to be a success in the role.