About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking to recruit a Logistic/Warehouse Operative.
You will be dealing with all issues and receipts of technical equipment and all deliveries and collections. You will also assist to unpack and check equipment and pack equipment for road and air, and any other tasks, as directed by the Base Supply Supervisor.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that collections and deliveries are carried out IAW current regulations (Adequate training will be provided).
* Receipt / storage and Issue of Stores using in-house computer systems + consignment tracking system (Adequate training will be provided).
* Carry out stocktaking / snap checks as and when required.
* Responsible for the Health & Safety of yourself and other visitors to the department IAW the Station SHE Manual / regulations and HSAWA 1974.
* Take on additional tasks as detailed by the Base Supply Supervisor / SCAS Supervisor / LS R & D that is relevant to the TSSP / HADES contract.
What do I need to do the role?
* A forklift licence
* A full UK Driving Licence
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing Date: 17/11/2019