We are looking for a M&E Technician - Muliti Skilled (Electrical/Mechanical) to join our building services team at MOD Northwood.
The role is part of the Shift Team at Northwood and the operative will be required to work 12 hour day/night shifts in a 28 day cycle (14 shifts, 14 rest days). Full shift pattern available on request. The operative will also be expected to participate in the wider site maintenance and reactive tasks beyond the NCC complex. Regular overtime may be required to support the 24/7 shift team to cover annual leave, sickness and training.
- Perform planned preventative maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and reactive works investigations/repairs on, but not limited to, the Low Voltage electrical systems, building services, fire and security, BMS and HVAC systems on site
Service, test, diagnose and repair process control systems and automatic control devices related to the building services plant and equipment
- Liaise / assist with other services as necessary for the efficient delivery of work activities, workmanship and productivity to comply with the performance standar
- Use provided test and monitoring equipment for the purpose of maintaining engineering system operational performance and to aid fault diagnostics and repair, interrogate and adjust systems to maintain correct operation of plant and equipmen
- Interrogate and adjust systems to maintain correct operation of plant and equipment
We're looking for
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent (including recognised apprenticeship) with either an electrical or building services bias
- Working knowledge of other building services and trades
- Excellent team working and problem solving capabilities
- Must be able to fully satisfy the Client security clearance minimum requirements (SC)
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or if you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.