- Following food safety policies thereby ensuring the products are date checked and reductions made where necessary and ensure the cold chain temperature rules are followed at all times
- Receiving deliveries, breaking down stock, storing them away, working the stock on to shelves and dealing with over stock appropriately
- Ensuring the stock room is kept tidy at all times thereby storing the products in the right category, date rotating and ensuring cleaning
- Delivering great standards on the shop floor thereby working the delivery, packet perfect standards, cleaning and ensuring all products have tickets
- Stock control processes
- This is a permanent role; your shifts pattern will vary according to demands and you will need to be FLEXIBLE to work both weekdays and weekends where required.
- £8.75per hour, 25 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program. More about the role:
A normal day's work may include looking after our customers, cash handling, keeping the place tidy, and restocking shelves, fridges and so forth. You will be the face of M&S Simply Food right on the front line delivering exceptional customer service with a smile.
You'll need to stay up to speed with our latest products and offers and listen carefully to what our customers need.
Shift Pattern: Fully flexible, 5:00am - 10:00pm. Working 5/7 including weekends Who you are:
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working with people, who like to be busy and work well as part of a great team. Passionate, articulate and friendly, you'll know how to deliver exceptional customer service.
Previous catering or retail experience would be useful, but it's really your passionate and positive attitude that we're interested in.
Shift Pattern: Fully flexible, 5:00am - 10:00pm. Working 5/7 including weekends
Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.