Pinnacle Group provides people-first, integrated services across a range of community-facing assets and infrastructure – including multi-tenure housing, schools, open spaces, public buildings, utilities and broadband networks – as well as a range of complementary employment and wellbeing outcomes. Across the UK, Pinnacle supports over 300,000 homes, 200 schools and 80 public buildings creating value, providing stewardship and generating positive outcomes for our customers, our partners and our clients.
Our FM business delivers Facilities Management to homes, public and private sector bodies including Registered Providers, schools, universities and blue light statutory authorities. We pride ourselves on placing people at the centre of what we do, while maintaining our values of high quality and excellent customer care.
The Role – Maintenance Electrician + Basic Plumbing experience
The Maintenance Electrician-Plumber will be required to perform general upkeep on building’s electrical systems. This entails inspecting the electrical installations of North London schools, performing routine maintenance, and fixing any faulty wiring. Also replacing electrical appliances and Lighting including Emergency Lighting Fittings. You will also need to have basic Plumbing experience for changing taps and isolating leaks.
- Inspect on routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures, and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities i.e. annual emergency lighting tests including replacing failed equipment found during testing.
- Carrying out fixed appliance testing including annual RCD testing.
- Complete electrical certification for all works undertaken.
- Undertaking minor plumbing works such as tap replacements etc.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment, and other components so that they remain at full functioning capacity.
- Test electrical systems with devices such as voltmeters and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Review O&M’s to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Relevant electrician certifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in electrical maintenance or associated work.
- Carrying out Electrical Testing and Inspection (Desirable).
- Be competent to complete electrical certification for all works completed.
- Good knowledge of BS7671is essential.
- Qualified to 18th Edition IEE wiring regulations (or equivalent).
- Have a good understanding of electrical compliance and work to current Health & Safety Regulations.
- Full driving licence as a company van is provided.
- An Enhanced DBS will be carried out as you will be working in schools.
Pinnacle Recruitment (Services) strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, trade union activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
We are Armed Forces friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.