Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Minley, Camberley, Surrey, GU17 9JT
Compensation: £42,000-£47,000 dependant on experience + Standard Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43708
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Maintenance Manager. Reporting into the Head of Infrastructure you will be carrying out day to day management and direction of the maintenance team to ensure an effective regime of planned and reactive maintenance is delivered across the Minley estate. You will be responsible to ensure assurance and performance outputs are delivered in line with contractual and legal obligations
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who is proactive and has strong people management experience and excellent communication skills. You will have a keen eye to attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your work effectively and be able to work well under your own initiative.
What will you be doing?
As a Maintenance Manager you will
* Be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of service delivery to ensure KPIs are met, optimum ways of working are identified and maintained.
* Manage the effective provision of planned and reactive mechanical, electrical and building fabric maintenance to the Estate, in line with the company's contractual obligations.
* Responsible for the safe efficient and effective operation of all mechanical and electrical maintenance equipment and machinery, associated services and distribution systems, delivering a technically proficient and cost effective service to end users, aware of their specific use patterns and requirements
* Plan, prioritise and manage the effective co-ordination of maintenance and small works, ensuring the safe and effective deployment of staff, contractors and resources.
* Develop, lead, manage, direct and support a team of directly employed maintenance staff ensuring skills and capabilities are appropriate for roles, and development needs identified
* Ensure maintenance activities across the Estate always remain contractually compliant, and to report any deviations to the Head of Infrastructure.
The experience you'll bring
* Trade or People Management NVQ, C&G qualification essential
* Educated to degree, HND, HNC level or equivalent desirable
* Membership of an accredited industry body, such as CIBSE, RICS, BIFM or equivalent desirable
* Detailed demonstrable knowledge of building services systems and design essential
* Good level of knowledge and understanding in health and safety in the built environment essential
* Experience in successfully delivering small/medium maintenance projects essential
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages
* Hold a driving licence suitable for use in the UK
* Proven track record of building, developing and leading teams in maintenance management essential
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 and any further amendments desirable
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 30th June 2022