About the role
We are currently looking to recruit Maintenance Operatives to join our team. This will involve working on void properties that are empty as well as completing reactive works for units that are occupied.
This is a multi-skilled position and typical duties may include plumbing, painting, tiling, painting as well as 1st and 2nd Fix carpentry. You will be required to make an assessment on maintenance and reactive works and order stock using tablets and other IT systems.
The role is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8:00am-4.00pm. There is a late rota, which is approximately, one in every ten weeks which is 9.00am-5:00pm. There will be a requirement to be part of an emergency “out of hours” rota which again is approximately one in every ten weeks.
- Empathetic and understanding attitude towards our customer demographic
- Fully IT literate and able to use interactive software on an Ipad provided by us
- Experienced in fitting fire doors, carpentry, plastering
- Have plenty of flexibility and excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for learning and problem-solving skills
- High standard of workmanship with attention to detail
- An awareness of health and safety requirements and safe working practices
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others within a team as well as been able to work with limited supervision
- Full UK Driving Licence – a van will be provided to conduct the role.
- A BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) check is required to work on this contract and will be essential for you to pass as part of the role.
- Own tools, and use these for the role but materials to complete jobs will be provided
- Time keeping is essential
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport which will be verified to check your eligibility to work and live with in the UK
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and barring service (DBS).