As our Management Accountant you will work within the Goodwood Finance team, reporting into the Goodwood Finance Business Partner.
You will be based at Goodwood and responsible for the financial and operational controls for forecasting and month-end reporting.
Some of the well-known events that we support are the Festival of Speed, Qatar Goodwood Festival, Revival and Members Meetings
This is not a typical Accountant role with a good deal of self-thinking and broad skills needed. Its not 9-5 as there is a large element of being operational during event and race days. What we'll give:
- £33,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Discounted tickets
Set in 12000 acres of glorious Sussex countryside, an English estate like no other - home of Festival of Speed, Qatar Goodwood Festival and much more. More about the role:
Hospitality Partner, Levy UK are looking for a Management Accountant to join the team at this world famous venue!
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate financial controls, processes and procedures exist (and are audited) in accordance with Controls Procedures
- Preparation of management reporting including event forecasting, month-end close down, profit & loss statements, partial balance sheets, budgets, and forecasts
- Manage the weekly and monthly process of input into accounting ledgers through invoice and journal postings
- Preparation and interrogation of weekly and monthly profit & loss, KPIs for the unit accounts. Authorship of narratives
- Ad hoc client meetings/requests to review performance and future operations/projects
- To ensure the business is complying with all appropriate contractual obligations, and monitoring of contractual KPIs
- Review preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, with appropriate action plans for any specific unresolved balances
- Liaise closely with divisional and central accounting functions including Profit Protection
Who you are:
- During the key event and race days, to ensure cash office controls, security, and general commercial management is effective
- Event set-up entailing tills, tariffs, credit card machines, training, on-event monitoring and decision making
Who we are:
- Industry operational experience, part qualified or QBE
- Ideally, experienced in the operational finance of Sporting/Venue/Events/Hotels
- Team player with a flexible approach plus self-motivated
- Excellent in communication
- Computer literate essential
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK's most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the worlds leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients" premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.