Site Based - Moreton-in-Marsh
Are you a supervisor within the M&E sector, looking for your next step into a full Managing Engineer role? Or are you already a Managing Engineer within M&E looking to join a strong and stable company within the Facilities Management arena?
If so, we have an opportunity for you to join our team working on-site alongside our client.
You will be experienced in Mechanical and Electrical engineering and have proven “on the job” experience.
- Salary - £39,500 per annum
- Up to 4% discretionary bonus scheme, subject to achievement of targets
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Group personal pension scheme of matched contributions between 5% and 6%
You will have responsibility for a varied team of skilled tradespeople stemming across (Building Fabric, General Maintenance, Commercial Gas, Mechanical and Electrical, Plumbing and Carpentry) to ensure that planned and reactive maintenance tasks are completed on-time and to budget. As well as this you will have reasonability for the following:
- Providing technical support and training to colleagues in within your team.
- Controlling staffing on a day to day basis including management of an “on-call” rota.
- Assisting the Contract Manager with relevant HR processes including, completion of return to work forms; handling and reporting disciplinary incidents, holding performance review meetings and managing performance on a day to day basis for under-performing colleagues, scheduling holiday and absence cover, investigate, record and escalate any accidents or nears misses as directed by Health & Safety Policy
- Providing technical support as required, e.g. advice regarding major operational issues and aid with major incidents
- Assisting the team in delivering high quality PPM work
- Working alongside the Contract Manager to deal with and make safe all Health & Safety related issues and that of engineers, report and escalate as necessary, including any matters relating to PPE
- Assisting the contract manager with effective budgetary management of parts and material usage, reporting overspends and variances to budget
- Attend client and manager meetings on behalf of the Contract Manager and provide general cover during periods of absence of the Contract Manager.
You’ll enjoy working autonomously in a pressurised environment and be able to prioritise a complex and varied workload. You’ll have excellent written and verbal communications skills, enabling you to communicate all operational issues across the contract. You’ll be customer service driven and enjoy working within a people focused environment.
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous demonstrable supervisory experience.
- A recognised Apprenticeship or Qualification in M&E Services/Maintenance (Plumbing or electrical bias an advantage)
- 18th Edition – Desirable
- Gas Safe Certified – Desirable
- City & Guilds Test and Inspection – Desirable
- Plumbing qualifications - Desirable
- A full valid UK driving license
- Electrical maintenance and HVAC qualification and experience is highly desirable
In return for your hard work we would offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses with Specsavers (T&Cs apply)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Funded Training Sponsorship Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
At Arcus we are passionate about individual development which is why we are proud to offer industry leading Learning & Development opportunities to our colleagues
You’ll be provided with all the tools and equipment you need to do your job
The role will involve working 40 hours per week and you’ll be on call up to a maximum of 1 in 4 weeks.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity, apply today by clicking on the ‘apply’ button.