Join us as Managing Legal Counsel, Privacy
- This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative and supportive legal team specialising in Privacy
- You'll gain significant exposure across all our franchises as you deliver our legal strategy and ensure the timely and effective delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives
- This role offers the advantage of a varied and extensive breadth of work, where you’ll find solutions to varied challenges on a wide range of matters
What you'll do
You’ll be managing and coordinating the delivery of legal advice and support across multiple business areas. You'll make sure that your advice is accurate, readily understandable to non-lawyers, delivered at the right time, and remains commercial while minimising legal risks.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working with stakeholders and legal colleagues to successfully deliver the bank’s projects
- Striving for continuous improvement in the operating practices and processes, including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs
- Managing legal costs through the use of e-billing, auctions and other tools, and for driving a culture of disciplined cost management and controls
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need industry level knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment and issues within which your aligned business operates. You’ll be able to draw on your experience of organising, leading and motivating professional teams and have in-depth knowledge of general banking law and practice and the financial services industry.
We’ll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Privacy subject matter expertise with experience in an in-house privacy team
- Strong commercial awareness, leadership and analytical skills
- Significant experience in the financial services industry with a track record of stakeholder management
- The ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- The ability to keep up-to-date with and share relevant legal and market developments
- Ideally you’ll also have a privacy qualification such as the CIPP/e.