We have an exceptional opportunity to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious Managing Surveyor in the North West.
Willmott Dixon is driven by our customers' aims and aspirations, delivering outstanding work, providing a great service and excellent value for money. To this day we remain family-owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
The successful Managing Quantity Surveyor will have full responsibility for profitability and customer liaison on 2/3 projects simultaneously whilst managing, supporting and developing your commercial teams. Typically you will oversee £30m worth of the annual turnover with projects ranging in size from £10/£65m.
- Providing leadership to ensure the project team achieve or exceed budgeted targets.
- Guarantee that CVC reports are accurately completed to reflect the current position on site.
- Producing final profit projections, monitor the timing and completeness of subcontract orders.
- Regularly reviewing, developing and motivating your team members, helping them achieve their goals and development plans.
- Aligning yourself with our commitment to a 'one team' approach, establishing excellent working relationships with our supply chain, consultants and customers.
- Supporting the Bid team during the tender process, offering commercial acumen.
- Attending and adding value to tender presentations for new projects.
- Proactively supporting the Commercial Manager and deputising when required.
- Experience of relevant computer software including MS Word, Excel & Project.
- A detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- A successful track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects.
- A track record of managing people on multiple projects.
- Experience of being customers main point of contact
- Valid driving licence.
- A good level of experience in dispute resolution and contract administration.
- Construction related degree
- Membership or working toward MCIOB or RICS
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Having a can-do attitude and respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to current and future work
- Keeping it real - be genuine and straightforward in your dealings with people
- Take ownership, be accountable and make things happen
- Find solutions and practical ways to overcome barriers
- Think on your feet and use initiative
- Well-presented and effective at communication
- Listening, learning and sharing to drive improvement
- Strive to astonish our customer
- Leading by example and taking responsibility
- Working collaboratively to achieve results
- Recognising and respecting others
- Working as one team
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
In return: We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.