Maritime Technical Lead
Farnborough / Portsmouth
The Technical Lead works alongside the appointed Project/Programme Manager with overall responsibility for the technical success of the project, including the technical delivery of the project time, cost, and quality.
What will I be doing?
Running a technical team, you will be involved in various activities such as: defining roles and responsibilities, tasks, budget, scope of work, scheduling tasks, updating schedules with progress, updating schedules with estimates to complete the work, providing variance explanations, managing technical issues, defining and updating technical risks, managing and leading configuration control including technical document base-lines and software configuration baselines.
You will be a key liaison between the project team and the customer to understand requirements, provide regular updates and work through challenges.
What do I need?
We are seeking candidates who possess domain knowledge:
- Maritime Combat System Knowledge preferably with Electronic Surveillance Equipment Experience (ESM-EW) and RN Surface Platforms (T23, T31, T26, T45, LPD and QEC)
The experience and skills required:
- Systems Engineering Requirements management through DOORS database in a systems engineering V model.
- Software Engineering knowledge and experience - approaches to development, design, testing and integration - agile + system engineering V diagram.
- Configuration Management knowledge and experience in implementing and controlling.
- Writing and maintaining Engineering Management Plans. Technical Solution Descriptions, Integrated Strategy and Plans.
- Proven Technical Team Leadership
- Understanding of Through Life Engineering
- Understanding of Technical Assurance
- Influential Communication Skills
- Basic understanding of Project Management
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in a diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.