The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian :
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, known locally as the "Caley", was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our General Manager presenting the hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gj0GqSanUA&t=35 s
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian as a Marketing Executive?
- Become a Team Member of "UK Best Place to Work ™ ", according to Great Places to work ®
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- Working in an environment where
creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- Salary: £22,000 annually
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- 4 day rotating schedule (2 4 day weeks per month)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
- The world is yours- Your next role could be as a Food and Beverage Supervisor or within a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be
like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Marketing Executive for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing daily tasks in the Marketing department, with a strong focus on social media and creative thinking. You will work closely with all hotel departments offering marketing support, while delivering an excellent Guest and Team Member experience.
- Monitor and manage all social media and online presence for the hotel
- Create monthly photo and video content for hotel
and outlets for use on social media and the hotel's online presence
- Report on the hotel's digital and social media activity, tracking progress and making recommendations to improve performance
- Liaise with hotel PR Agency to assist in planning and reservations for incoming media visits
- Execute all agreed hotel marketing strategies and monitor on-going on-line marketing campaigns performance and reporting
- Create new artwork and adjust existing artwork in line with brand standards, using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Develop, maintain and grow hotel email databases to promote the hotel and outlets through email campaigns
- Monitor and refresh hotel and all third party website content, ensure it is accurate, current and reflects the hotel's offerings
- Establish and maintain effective rapport and open communication with all departments and hotel partners
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or a related field, OR previous experience in social media management and content creation
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Strong English copywriting skills
- Passionate, forward thinking and enthusiasm for new ideas
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team and execute projects independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Skilled in photography, familiar with Canon equipment
- Previous video editing skills
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.