Material Control Supervisor (Military)
£29,000.00 - £32,000 + Benefits
Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42049
Great opportunity on offer to work as a Material Control / Logistics supervisor at the RAF Wyton base.
Reporting to the supply manager, you will be responsible for managing all SCAS (supply control accounting system) activities accross the base. Stock within the base can include a wide array of items from laptops, helmets, ammunition and explosives etc. This position is instrumental in the smooth and efficient running of the base.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with a strong material control and/or logistics background, ideally from within a military environment.
Being able to use a the MJDI system (deployable material inventory system) is a huge advantage for the role, as this is used site wide.
We need someone to that is highly dilligent in their approach, able to manage multiple case files and produce accurate and detailed reports.
What will you be doing?
* Manage all SCAS activities
* Manage all non-standard stationery catalogue orders as required.
* CP&F/EPC/LVP orders to completion.
* AinU's, Discrepancy Reports and Voucher Progression
* Act as the Stocktaking Stock Control Officer (SCO), managing all aspects of the Unit Stocktaking Programme and Reporting.
* Hold and maintain the Unit Losses Register, raise and manage Loss Case Files and produce Loss reports to higher authorities.
* Manage ammunition and explosives demands and accounting processes including producing the annual CASP.
The experience you'll bring
* Good knowledge of MS office products.
* Management of the Deployable Inventory (MJDI)
* COGNOS qualified ideal
* Ability to become qualified to action CP&F, EPC and LVPs
* Experience of staff supervision ideal
* You must be able to obtain the appropriate security clearance level for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.