Mechanic - Medium /Heavy Vehicles
Working from Linden Way Depot, Coalville you will join the workshop mechanics working on the council’s vehicle fleet.
You will be a time-served fitter with experienced in commercial vehicles or plant repairs with a relevant NVQ level 3 qualification (or equivalent), or significant relevant experience. You must hold a valid HGV licence with full driver’s CPC.
The successful candidate will be able to ensure the safe and efficient maintenance and repair work to council owned vehicles and plant. In addition you will need to be forward thinking with a positive approach to change and improvement, able to work alone using own initiative, whilst being part of a team, and able to proactively engage with various stakeholders daily.
• 37 hours per week with a salary of £30,922 - £34,647 + tool allowance of £29.90 per month
• 34 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) increasing to 38 after 5 years local government service
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme with at least 25% employer’s contribution
• Employee benefits programme’ including payback on medical, dental and optical expenses
• Continued training and development opportunities
You can apply for any of our posts online at https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/pages/jobs_and_careers
Applications must be made using the on-line application process.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job will be guaranteed an interview.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date: 25 February 2024