Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Flexible / Remote
Compensation: £39,408 - £44,044 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF39138
The Submarine Support Engineering (SSE) Mechanical Team provide mechanical engineering support for in-service and future submarines. The primary focus of the team is mechanical submarine systems and secondary submarine propulsion supporting both the ministry of defence and internal customers with opportunities to support on a wide range of projects across the enterprise.
Who we are looking for?
The SSE mechanical team is a multi-disciplinary team from a variety of backgrounds which includes industry partners and is currently 16 strong with a future growth ambition and we are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team. You'll undertake technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements.
What will you be doing?
- Apply engineering knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project;
- Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities;
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost;
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery;
- Participate in bid preparation to facilitate the development of successful bids;
- Support less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development;
The experience you'll bring
- Minimum of degree qualification (ideally masters) in a relevant engineering discipline or have relevant domain engineering background.
- Ideally you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. IMechE, IMarEst etc.) and hold Chartered or Incorporated status (or be working towards)
- Previous submarine knowledge and experience working with submarine systems is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with CAD and analysis software packages is desirable (including but not limited to FloMaster, MathCAD, ANSYS, Inventor, AutoCAD or other similar packages);
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.