About this opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Mechanical MEP Design Engineer to be a key member supporting the development of a local team of Mechanical & Electrical Engineers based in the Bristol Office.
The role is to work with the existing Bristol MEP lead to develop and grow a team locally within the service offering, whilst supporting our Building Surveying department with both inspection and design-based services. We have many existing programmes of work which will require immediate involvement both locally and nationally, and we have a strong pipeline of opportunities going forward.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
• Client relationship management
• Project Engineer duties
• Supporting growth in the service line
• Supporting QA Management within the office
• Delivering M&E services; normal duties design, preparation of performance specs, site inspections of works in progress, site surveys/condition reports etc.
• Preparing mechanical services designs for projects to be designed and delivered in-house
• Preparing design calculations
• Producing Specifications and drawings for Tender purposes for small to medium size projects
• Management of internal and external resource.
• Supporting the local MEP Lead in preparing fee proposals and sub-consultant appointment documents, tracking projects from inception to completion
• Work collaboratively with MEP service teams in the North and Midlands
• Provide technical support to other service team members in other regionsAs a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
Who we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
• Passionate and driven about your profession
• An understanding of the marketplace and drivers with regard to energy efficiency and decarbonisation.
• Previous experience producing performance specifications and detailed designs
• Experience of working on small and medium sized projects
• Broad design experience including design of mechanical and public health systems
• Self-motivated and able to plan and manage your own workload
• Experience of witnessing testing and commissioning of services
• Degree educated in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineer or similar;
• MS Office suite; Software design packages such as HEVACOMP, IES, Revit and AutoCAD
• Hold or working towards a professional membership with CIBSE or IMechE or Similar
• Experience or detailed understanding of decarbonisation of estates, CIBSE benchmarking and targeting
• Improving energy efficiency and inclusion of design of renewable technologies including ASHP, Solar Thermal and Solar PV systems
• Delivery of estate wide condition surveys to support pre- acquisition surveys, Technical Due Diligence
• Life Cycle assessment and cost in use to support Planned and Reactive Maintenance, FM Compliance Reviews
• Advising on design capacities to support utilities loadings / assessment and resilience riskBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality