At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role is required as part of the UK Apache Long Term Training and Support Service (LTTSS) contract. This position will be based at Middle Wallop.
This role will conduct mechanical trade tasks as part of on-aircraft maintenance support at the UK Apache Operational Conversion Unit (OCU), located at the Training Base at Middle Wallop.
This role requires well-developed technical skills and knowledge of maintenance practices and techniques within the UK Defence Air Environment (DAE). The post will work alongside other technicians, so well-developed teamwork and interpersonal skills are required. Shift working is expected for this post.
- Experience maintaining AH64 variants
- Experience in a UK military air environment (MAE)
- A technical or vocational qualification at UK NQF Level 3 or higher
- Registration with a Professional UK body as an Engineering Technician would be appropriate for this role
- The conduct of Mechanical trade tasks on the Apache AH-64E in accordance with the Air System Document Set (ADS).
- Exercising personal responsibility for safety, quality, integrity, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention and tool control/accountability.
- Working in teams/shifts with others.
- Undertaking shift working in support of the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) Flying Programme (FLYPRO) as required.
- Under the direction of the Ground Crew Team, assisting in the conduct of aircraft ground movement and safety tasks.
- Assuming responsibility for assigned secondary duties.
- Conducting other duties and tasks that may be assigned by Supervisors, Task Leads and/or managers.
What Boeing offers you
As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing.
This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills - and learn new ones - at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension Plan with up to 9% employer contribution
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 4x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing's Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks paternity leave
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) for which UK residency is required. All information will be checked and verified.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Export Control Requirements:
Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world's most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.