JOB TITLE Mechanical Training Instructor
DEPARTMENT Mechanical Training
LOCATION TQ - RSME (Wainscott)
Off Site as required
RESPONSIBLE TO 1) Section Leader
2) Phase Manager
SCOPE Instructional Appointment
ROLE REQUIREMENTS (to either hold or be working towards as directed by Line Manager)
- Hold a suitable mechanical engineering qualification (Plant Vehicles/Equipments).
- Attend and pass Training for Instructors'.
- Hold Category C, G & H driving licence as appropriate.
- Attend and/or have attended Manual Handling Training.
- Attend RSME Induction Training Course.
- Hold, or be working towards an appropriate NVQ Assessor/Verifier award.
- City & Guilds 620 Pt III and/or be a Military Trained Fitter or equivalent.
- Hold, or be prepared to work for a Professional Teaching Certificate.
- To instruct both Regular and Reservist soldiers who attend formal Mechanical & Plant Maintainer courses at the RSME teaching them the maintenance of all in-service C' Vehicles and Engineer Construction Plant equipments in accordance with the relevant Course Training Plan/Training Objective's.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of students whilst under their control. To include the safe use of all tools and equipment in line with the topic being taught. Uphold and adhere to department and Company safety instructions.
- Maintain course and individual records as appropriate.
- Assess and mark course work including progressive tests in both theory and practical aspects to both military and civilian awarding body standards. Where necessary you are to liaise with the Company training analyst.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as deemed appropriate and commensurate to the grade.
- To work within the Company's Health, Safety, Fire and Environmental Policies
- To work within the Company's other related policies such as; Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Disability, Data Protection etc.
- To assist in and working towards maintaining the Gold IIP standard.
- To assist in and working towards maintaining the ISO Standards; 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Ensure that your personal records with regards to your competencies are maintained and that all courses of instruction undertaken in support of your employment are entered onto the appropriate training registers.
- To act as an ambassador for the Company.
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and applicants will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: Workforce Skills
Req ID: 12371