An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and registered Pharmacy Technician to join our friendly hardworking team.
The post is part of our Medicines Management Team who are involved with taking drug histories on admission, managing discharges, one stop supplies and other ward based tasks. Other duties include rotational sessions in the busy dispensary, where we provide a service for inpatients and outpatients.
You must be an Accredited Technician Checking and whilst some experience in Medicines Management is essential, full training for working on the wards will be given. BTEC and NVQ3 (or equivalent) in pharmaceutical Science is also essential for this role and you must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
If you are enthusiastic about pharmacy, able to work as part of a busy and dedicated team, enjoy both patient contact and technical dispensing, we look forward to hearing from you.
Full time and part time hours will be considered.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 9 March 2021
Interview Date: 23 March 2021
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.