About the role
Are you passionate about numbers and like to work in a methodical manner? If so, then a Merchandise Assistant may be an amazing opportunity for you to explore!
Joining the Merchandising function will mean that you'll play a meaningful part in the team, supporting Merchandising Planning Managers to ensure our great products arrive at the right place and also at the correct time.
If this sounds interesting, read on!
You will be responsible for
- Acting as the key contact for intake and distribution on your department.
- Keeping track OC's, PO's as well as being the point of contact for suppliers and hubs for F&F
- Updating PO's and ensure housekeeping is in order, so we can maintain an accurate intake forecasts for your area - Update your team on intake and supplier delivery issues to ensure any problems are resolved quickly.
- Ensuring that all critical paths are up to date and ready for the weekly critical path meetings
- Keep the launch tracker accurate and engage SSP on lines and initial stock levels to deliver 100% launch, flagging any issues. We are also responsible for quickly responding to store and supply chain queries.
- We need to understand the management and throughput of stock from allocation to replenishment and stock required to deliver sales, work with SSP to make recommendations to maximise or improve output.
- You will handle the administration of the F&F range plan alongside your buying counterparts, ensuring product details are accurate as advised by your manager. You'll be organised and clear on the department workplan.
- We also carry out amendments to orders, and are the key point of contact for HSC.
- Accurately set up and run weekly trade reports and ad-hoc reports to provide performance insight.
- Undertake analysis to understand department performance as advised by your manager.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
For this role you'll need some experience of preparing reports, be able to analyse numbers and tell a story around what they mean. This role also requires excellent organisation and administration experience as well as being able to use Excel.
Key People & Teams you will work with:
We work with lots of different teams in Merchandising from the buying teams, design teams, technical teams as well as the Clothing Hub, Suppliers, Supply Chain and Store Stock Planning teams.
People, Budgets and other Resources you will be responsible for:
Department sales, intake & margin
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day'. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.