The role of a Mess Accounts Clerk is to conduct the daily routine financial operation of the Mess on behalf of the Mess Committee.
- Open and action any post received
- Maintain communication with the relevant committee members either by Email or telephone (ensuring to document content of conversation and date)
- Answer queries received from individuals regarding Mess bills either by Email or telephone (ensuring to document content of conversation and date)
- Understand any accounting or IT support provided either during a remote session or by telephone
- Be aware of their Contract obligation regarding time lines
- Be aware of their obligation regarding Company time lines
- Ensure the safety of any money held in respect of the Mess Accounts
- Ensure security and confidentiality of the information held on each mess member and the mess business in accordance with GDPR
Who you are:
- £9.50 per hour - 20 hours per week
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday allowance
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Discount at selected high street retailers
Although a formal qualification is not essential, an accounting qualification is preferred. Association Of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Foundation is the preferred minimum qualification.
A military background would be ideal, however knowledge of the military would be an advantage. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.