Mess Services Manager
Up to £28,700 per annum (DOE)
Monday - Friday role (occasional weekends will be required to suit business needs)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Mess Service Manager to work at one of our ESS prestigious contracts at Azimghur Barracks in Colerne
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services.
This is a position where you will be responsible for providing great service to our clients across multiple units, managing events and enjoy getting the best out of a team of 40 with 4 direct reports, whilst drawing satisfaction from managing, training, and supporting your team to deliver profitable soft facilities including catering, cleaning to accommodation within the Mess and ensuring all budget targets are achieved. More about the role:
Other Responsibilities will include:
Who you are:
- Support the General Manager with the day to day running of the business and deputise in their absence
- Oversee the day to say services on site including hospitality, catering and cleaning
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Complete action plans following client satisfaction surveys
- Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate at all time
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue where possible
- Analyse, monitor, and manage GP whilst ensuring cost and sales records are accurately inputted and maintained
- Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning
- Complete/adjust labour schedule in line with sales
- Analyse and effectively manage all in unit costs
- Ensure budgets are understood and achieved ensure all costs are managed effectively within budget
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Proven experience in hospitality and events
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- You will have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service and be financially and commercially astute.
- Good Communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Good computer skills
- Interpersonal, administrative, and organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Eye for detail
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/2007/95654001/52363876/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.