Shape our future as Methods & Standards Specialist
The purpose of the Methods and Standards Specialist role is to own and continuously improve the methods and standards used in CPS to ensure consistency and standardisation of delivery of our projects, programmes and portfolios.
The role is accountable for ensuring that agreed methods and standards are brought up to date, kept up to date and that feedback loops from key stakeholder groups - including clients - are in place to continuously improve our delivery methods and standards, and will also work closely with Divisional Assurance and Delivery colleagues.
The role requires strong leadership and management skills, and the role holder will need to develop and maintain robust relationships with all parts of the business to champion adherence and consistency across the full delivery lifecycle.
*This role is for a fixed 6 month period & requires existing SC clearance* What you'll be doing:-
- Ownership of current P3M delivery methods and standards for CPS, identifying areas for improvement and a roadmap for development in conjunction with the PSPD Professions and Major Programme Directors to ensure that programmes and projects are delivered in line with agreed outcomes.
- Ownership and maintenance of feedback loops to drive continuous improvement of CPS methods and standards.
- Drive adoption of processes, tools and systems across the division, identifying areas of focus to improve and use a suite of tools and resources to address.
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with identified stakeholders to drive improvement and adoption.
- Agreement and maintenance of metrics to track adherence of methods and standards and identify new opportunities, course corrections, risks and opportunities working with Divisional stakeholders.
- Horizon scanning, internally and externally, to understand the emerging needs of our business to serve our clients and make recommendations for change in line with strategy.
- Support the roll-out and adoption of organisation-wide PPM tools, training and consulting as key divisional SME.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of the CPS Assurance framework and toolkit.
What we're looking for:-
* This role is for a fixed 6 month period & requires existing SC clearance *
- Significant experience in project management and leadership roles
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong PMO Lead experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent, demonstrable knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Must hold qualification in one or more of the following - MSP, MOP, Prince2, P30
- Proven experience in implementing and improving PMO processes and procedures
About Capita Performance & Transformation
Every day we help millions of people, by delivering innovative solutions to transform and simplify the connections between citizens and the public services they consume. Partnering with our clients, we provide insight and cutting-edge technologies that enable our clients to focus on what they do best and make people's lives easier and simpler.
Capita's Public Service Transform teams implement improvements and change within our complex programmes. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on challenging assignments across Central Government, Defence, Health & Wellbeing, Local Government and Education. You may be asked to: help the Royal Navy improve the training received by sailors; support TfL control emissions; improve how the NHS manages digital records; ensure citizens can access high quality local services. You will work in blended teams with Business Analysts, Project and Programme Managers, PMO specialists, Business Change Managers and Solution / Enterprise Architects.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary and benefits
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of over 50,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application. If you would like further information, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you.
For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.