The MI Developer is very much a hands-on role; responsible for the enterprise data architecture as well as ensuring a quality. Working with agile methodology, you will serve as a subject matter expert across areas of technical expertise, lead the development of and help shape the overall architecture roadmap, and help prioritise MI Development and initiatives to meet overall Business Objectives. Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £50k per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Ensure compliance with Company and customer/client policies and procedures
- Prioritise contracts by potential and provide practical guidance and support to those that are identified as having labour optimisation challenges (Assess labour needs, both hourly and management, and complete a programme of change management to contract specification)
- Instigate reporting and analysis tools, to track the financial results and achievements of labour management initiatives
- Advise senior management through analysis, discussion and recommendation
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Define MI, BI data or system objectives by analysing data, Customer and end-user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality and building sustainable solutions.
- Responsible for processes, reporting tools, universe design and MI data quality.
- Help to facilitate, co-ordinate and develop long-range change strategies.
- Integrate and consolidate data sources to provide quality data feeds and work collaboratively with others
Who you are:
- Assist in the development of design database architecture and to prioritise and resolve data quality issues.
- Complete all development activities by co-ordinating requirements, schedules and activities across the MI team.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Collaborate on initiatives which promote a continuous improvement environment based on proven industry "best practices".
Who we are:
- Experience in delivering data centric organisational change
- Great communicator with demonstrable experience to influence senior management.
- Strong experience MS Power suite (Power BI, Power query, Power suite, MS SQL/Server, MS SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, Cognos, etc)
- Strong knowledge SQL, VAX, VBA
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
- demonstrate a passion for research and data and be highly skilled in performing quantitative analyses on various business functions
- self-motivated, be proactive taking initiative
- natural ability to make strong, lasting, and meaningful connection with others
- Project management expertise (preferably in labour management)
- Knowledge and understanding of site operations to recommend, implement and complete projects
- Knowledge and experience of labour optimisation
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the importance of contract compliance
- Good financial acumen, able to interpret and analyse financial information.
- Demonstrates discretion and ability to deal with confidential issues
- Enterprise Architecture and Strategy
- Development Tools and Techniques
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.