Apprenticeship Coach - Military Engineer Construction Technician - Plant Operator and Mechanic Coach
Location: Home Based with Travel
To deliver high quality training programmes that develop Apprentices' knowledge, skills and behaviours as required for their Military Engineering Construction Technician Apprenticeship. Complete individual Apprentice learning, assessments, reviews and completions in a timely manner as set by management, achieving or exceeding the required quality standards. To support all elements of the Apprentice journey, including preparation for Gateway for Standards Apprentices, providing Apprentices with constructive, professional, and relevant feedback and support in order for them to gain the Apprenticeship Standard.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support and deliver a high quality, robust, individualised Apprenticeship initial assessment identifying the starting point of the Apprentice's journey in relation to the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for their Apprenticeship.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Apprentices to support the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours required for their Apprenticeship.
- Provide constructive, professional, and relevant feedback that supports Apprentices progress in relation to their Apprenticeship Standard
- Utilise all available and appropriate technology in the delivery of learning programmes to support and develop Apprentices knowledge, skills and behaviours effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to positively embrace new ways of working, technology and approaches to learners and think of creative solutions to engage learners when appropriate who are deployed away from their usual workplace.
- Arrange regular workplace visits/contact with Apprentices to induct, observe, support, develop and progress Apprentices.
- Observe Apprentices in/at the workplace/ virtual workshop against criteria laid down by the Apprenticeship Standard and give feedback and support as appropriate.
- Ensure all presented evidence for Apprenticeship Standards are valid, authentic, relevant, current and sufficient and achieve agreed internal quality assurance rates set by management.
- Carry out thorough individual Progress Reviews with Apprentices and submit paperwork within agreed timescales as laid out by the customer.
- Ensure that own allocated Apprentices are developing and progressing in line with their target achievement dates and liaise with the Programme Manager/s for the purpose of monitoring the progress of standards achievement and the development of the Apprentice.
- Promptly identify situations requiring periods of Apprentice absence from their programme and complete/submit accurate paperwork as required.
- Ensure that Apprentice records are accurately maintained, including records held within MIS, e-portfolio and online learning systems.
- Complete Apprentice visits, either virtual or to other sites and locations, when required or as directed by management.
- Work Proactively with the Apprentices, Military or civilian line management and colleagues to actively encourage positive relations and actions in the best interests of the learner.
- Maintain positive relations with Apprentices, customers, business partners and all other stakeholders to ensure Pearson TQ retains and gains business.
- Aid Apprentices to develop positive attitudes towards learning, studying and achieving their Apprenticeship.
- Attend standardisation and team meetings as required.
- Identify, complete and record appropriate annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities that maintain your ability to support the delivery of allocated Apprenticeship programmes.
- Assist in the assessment of other qualifications or development of other Apprentices when required.
- Be flexible over hours of attendance/work, including evenings and weekends when required.
- Be prepared to work on other apprenticeship delivery programmes for PTQ appropriate to qualifications.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Maintain effective working relationships with each Apprentice within your caseload.
- Communicate effectively with your line manager, highlighting any issues prior to becoming critical
- Maintain professional working relationships with all Pearson TQ customers, always promoting a positive image of Pearson TQ.
Training / Competencies:
- Hold relevant training/ teaching/Assessor /mentor qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, or a willingness to develop these skills.
- Outstanding inter-personnel and presentational skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work under own supervision.
- Qualified or competent in any of the following: Light or Medium Wheeled Tractor, wheeled or tracked Excavator, Crawler Tractor, Dump Truck.
- Experienced Plant Operator with wider knowledge of the construction trade.
- Experience within Apprenticeship training and delivery.
- Can demonstrate effective Apprentice programme management
- Can demonstrate use of technology to support effective and efficient delivery.
- Work in a target driven environment.
- Proven track record in achieving targets.
- Good written skills that captures detailed feedback and target setting of objectives.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections
- Understands ESFA funding requirements
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: Workforce Skills
Req ID: 13614