Closing Date:Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 19th January 2020
Locations: Jobs available in both Salisbury and Fareham
Military Advisers are a team of personnel within Dstl with the aim of adding essential military relevance, context and credibility to Dstl projects. With a vast collective experience of military operations, policy and doctrine they are ideally placed to provide an essential conduit into appropriate military areas, to ensure that projects remain relevant both to operational needs and the needs of Dstl MOD customers.
The Military & Police Resourcing Officer is responsible for resourcing Dstl’s establishment of Armed Forces and Police posts. There are currently around 70 military staff and 3 police that must be resourced and supported. In addition, the post holder line manages a Dstl civilian – Assistant presently based at Fort Halstead.
We are looking for someone who has the following experience and skills:
• Experience of working in a military managerial appointment with responsibility for the administration of military personnel.
• Ideally, the applicant will have worked as an RAO or RAWO (Navy/RAF equivalent). The incumbent will have worked in, and have good experience in the J1 military area with knowledge and ideally experience in the joint arena.
• The successful applicant will have good experience in military administration, including the assignment processes.
• The applicant must have relevant and current experience using Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) software.
• They will have experience of raising and coordinating Officers’ Joint Appraisal Report (OJAR) and Service Persons’ Joint Appraisal Report (SJAR).
• They will have knowledge of WISMIS and PAPMIS software applications and be prepared to learn the applications.
• They will be aware of and ideally experienced in using SLIM software.
• Hold a valid Cat B Driving Licence.
Category B driving License
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
• Flexible working
• Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
• Chartership and accreditation support
• Generous annual leave
• A competitive salary
• Excellent learning and development
• Onsite gyms and restaurants
• Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Our Diversity Networks
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following;
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Network
- Faith and Culture Network
- Parents and Carer Support Network
- Alternative Working Network
- Gender Equality Network
- New Starters Network
- Enabled Network
For further information about Dstl please check out our LinkedIn page
To read the full job profile including more detail of the role head over to civil service jobs where you can also apply!
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
The security of our work means that only UK nationals who have also resided in the UK for the last 5 years (10 years for certain roles) can be considered. Some roles will require Developed Vetting (DV). Unfortunately dual nationals cannot be considered.