In this uniquely challenging and satisfying role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Prison Education team at HMP Elmley, reporting to the Curriculum Manager. Your role will be to develop and maintain an efficient and effective administrative function including to administer the processing and handling of student data in order to produce accurate and valid individualised learner record returns as well as providing some secretarial duties.
As post-holder you will be responsible to your line manager as follows:
• Accurately input and analyse learner data on spreadsheets or databases including the setting up of simple spreadsheets or databases and the provision of accurate data reports.
• Check and ensure that all paperwork and learner records are accurate and audit compliant for processing.
• Typing memos, letters, reports and other communications including drafting replies to general enquiries and taking accurate minutes of meetings.
• Undertake general administrative duties and implement office procedures and processes including but not exclusively filing and organising learner and staff records and ensuring the confidentiality of these.
• To check, process and record all resource orders and help source appropriate suppliers for resources.
• Dealing with telephone calls and visitors, as well as answering general enquiries into the department, liaising with the wider prison and partners and representing Weston College in a positive and professional manner, providing information as requested and acting as a crucial point of contact for Weston College MIS department at the Knightstone campus.
• Maintain and report staff absence and leave records.
• To carry out inductions for new staff on MIS procedures and policies.
• Enter and record LRS data and access LRS information for staff.
• Work closely with Weston staff to develop effective course reports, data analysis and statistical reports for self-assessment purposes.
• Deal with both external and internal mail, logging and distributing accordingly.
• To meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the College’s Health & Safety Procedures.
• Undertake other duties applicable to the establishment and Weston MIS Department that are appropriate to the level of the post and adhere fully with the security requirements of the prison with regards to prisoners, equipment and professional conduct.