Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.About the team
Through its strong brand, award winning customer service and unique product offering, O2 has the opportunity to provide B2B customers with a truly unique offering in the market. Working within the wider O2 Business Division, the Business Core Product team has the remit to define Telefonica UK's B2B core product strategy, create compelling new products and propositions across unified comms, connectivity, digital workplace and mobile through developing propositions and enhancements of existing products and work closely with the Business sales and marketing teams in bringing them to market. Your role
This is a role with overall accountability for the Business Mobile category product portfolio and roadmap for Telefonica UK. The successful candidate will be able to create and articulate the in year and 3 year vision for the Business Mobile product category as well as executing the development and management of the mobile product portfolio.
The role is responsible for leading a team of 2 people covering the Mobile product category. It will involve a high level of technical understanding of the O2's mobile technology, billing systems and wider mobility category, as well as an awareness of the wider mobile market, and in particular 5G. The successful candidate will be able to deliver against key KPI's, and ensure the mobile category is aligned with the wider Business Core product portfolio.
The role will ultimately report into the Director of Business Products, and is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in helping bring 5G to O2's business customers. The ability to communicate clearly with senior stakeholders as well as internal and external customers is vital in ultimately helping grow a world class Product team. Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Accountable for the overall Business Mobile product category with indirect responsibility for delivering ~ 150m revenue for O2 Business.
- Leading the Business Mobile product team (2 people).
- Working closely with the other category leads, the Director of Business Products and the Business Commercial team to secure CAPEX to drive the category forward.
- Working with sales teams to understand business mobile requirements and unmet customer needs to build them into the future roadmap.
- Working across the directorate to ensure mobile pricing and tariffs are optimised.
- Proactively engageing and managing key stakeholders across Telefoninca Group, partners, vendors, marketing, SMB and other areas of the Business product organisation.
- Ensuring all mobile product plans support a clear commercial opportunity, and that resources are optimised to maximise the commercial return.
- Innovating to deliver improved profitability and life-cycle management of existing mobile products.
- Determining the best way of developing the mobile category - whether building, buying or partnering.
- Developing and implementing effective processes, structures and ways of working to ensure efficient delivery of programmes.
- Developing the Business Destination plan for Mobile.
- Working with the Transformation teams to deliver new billing and provisioning capabilities for the category.
- Building the necessary product capabilities within the team.
- Experience of B2B product leadership and building a driving high performing teams in the technology industry.
- End-to-end product management experience.
- Proven track record in the mobile communications space and a clear understanding of the mobile market.
- An understanding of tariffs, billing systems and devices preferred.
- Proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional results.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technology quickly and understand how they interact with the wider product roadmap.
- High degree of commercial acumen and analytical rigour.
- Experience dealing with internal and external senior stakehodlers.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work under pressure with different teams.
- A strategic thinking who can challenge the status-quo, set out a compelling vision and develop plans for successful delivery against that vision.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly at Executive level.
- Grade - PCGT
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.