Join us as a Mortgage Customer Service Representative
- Once you have demonstrated competence in the role you'll have the opportunity to spend a significant part of your week working from home, you'll be office based at times to so you can connect and learn with your colleagues. Working from home kit can be provided
- We'll look to you to deliver excellent service to our customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times
- You'll be educating customers in the different ways they can do their banking and supporting them in choosing the options that work best for them
- We're looking for a detail-orientated individual to complete processes and procedures, while providing the customer with a seamless experience
What you ll do
In this role, you'll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring customer queries. You'll make a real difference to our new and existing customers, supporting them through the single biggest purchase of their lives, their home.
By listening to and engaging with our customers, you'll:
- Build great rapport over the phone, accurately identifying their needs and offering suitable products
- Talk to third parties to support the smooth progression of our customers' mortgage applications
- Proactively identify leads and referrals to ensure we're helping our customers wherever possible
- Improve processes and procedures to maximise customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the financial services product range
The skills you ll need
To join us in this role, you'll have experience of working in customer service and delivering to deadlines. You'll also be able to creatively solve problems while supporting your regulated sales team.
You should have astute attention to detail in order to identify exactly what our customers need, as well as strong listening skills. You'll also need the determination to go the extra mile for our customers everyday, to provide a truly individual and personal service.
We're also looking for you to demonstrate:
- The ability to prioritise work and achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, procedures and relevant products
- An understanding of regulation and compliance in terms of data protection, money laundering and the FCA
What else you need to know
We're here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you'll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your normal hours of work will be between 8am and 8pm Monday to Thursday, Fridays 8am to 6pm and 1 in 5 Saturdays 9am - 4pm. Bank holiday working is a feature of the role
Part time working will be considered with a minimum of 21 hours per week.
You'll need to be fully flexible and able to commit to the full range of opening hours.
You ll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development.
How we ll reward you
Salary: £20,000 per year
You'll join on a competitive salary of £20,000 (pro rata for hours worked) which is £10.98 per hour. In addition, you'll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) - you may be required to work bank holidays. Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.