Job title: Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer (9032)
Location: Pendine, GB Company: QinetiQ
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer within our facilities team based at the MOD Pendine Range on the southwest coast of Wales. It provides test and evaluation services throughout the life of systems, from concept to disposal. The site comprises land-based Ranges with tunnels and a 9km shoreline suitable for aircraft landing training.
MOD Pendine has an engineering facility with a design office and workshop, an approved armoury, and a magazine facility. The team specialises in the maintenance and repair. You'll be involved in all aspects of building services and maintenance, working across our multi-disciplinary teams to deliver reactive and preventive maintenance repair and reactive tasks
The full benefits package includes - Basic Salary, Overtime, Training & Development including Authorised Person Courses, Pension, 25 days Annual Leave, Yearly Bonus, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts, etc.
What do I need?
You'll need experience in some of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent organisational Skills
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 (mechanical)
- Good knowledge and level of competency in other areas of building services (BMS, and mechanical services)
- Competent Microsoft Office User
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving licence
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
What will I be doing?
Using your maintenance experience, Building Services Engineers will implement reactive and preventive maintenance across a range of facilities on- site within defence, test and evaluation-based environments across a wide range of high-tech projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings
- Deliver specialist technical maintenance support & services in relation to building plant / equipment
- Prioritisation of work programme to satisfy business needs
- Form part of the on call rota within the Maintenance Team
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.