Multi Skilled Shift Technician
Salary: Competitive salary plus Veolia benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, Shift Work 4 on 4 off, 12 hour days
Location: Royal Berkshire Hospital, Craven Road, Reading, RG1 5BD
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way, to take up an exciting Electrical Technician role.
It doesn't matter if you're looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day's work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What will you be doing?
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment as necessary, and as directed by site supervisors
- Complete all documentation before and after work tasks
- Liaise with subcontractors during planned service maintenance
- Carry out risk assessments of equipment maintenance task list steps and ensure these are kept valid and up to date
- Carry out periodic reviews of WEI/SOP to ensure documentation is valid
- Flexibility to work around Maintenance Shutdowns
- Participate in audits of the Mechanical and Electrical plant rooms
What are we looking for?
- Recognised electrical / mechanical trade qualification
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar role and good understanding of the basic fundamentals of the various utilities systems
- Building Management Systems (Scada / Trend)
- Good understanding of Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Experience working within a computerised maintenance management work order system environment.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID's / electrical drawings
Our promise to you
Here at Veolia, we know that a genuinely good role goes both ways.
So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you'll get 25 days of holiday alongside an extensive benefits package, which includes our enhanced pension and share scheme, alongside a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.