Multi-Task Inspector | Wattisham | GB12750
Due to internal re-organisation within the Leonardo contract we have a vacancy for a Multi-Task Inspector based at Wattisham, near Ipswich in Suffolk.
Reporting to the WSC Team Leader you will be required to carry out quality inspection of serviceable and unserviceable equipment in support of the Apache Mk 1 helicopter. Working as part of a small team, you will also be closely involved in all aspects of the day to day asset management of equipment, including goods receipt, stock location, despatch preparation and packaging, providing logistics support to the Leonardo managed Apache Integrated Operational Support contract.
- Carry out quality inspection of serviceable and unserviceable equipment as required.
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned computer based tasks as required
- Ensure that all equipment is processed through the WSC within the required turn- around times.
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas
- To actively communicate with other agencies to achieve joint goals.
- Undertake all warehousing duties, including operation of MHE to ensure efficient operation of the Support Centre.
- Report all discrepancies that may have an effect on the performance of the contract to the WSC Team Leader
- Comply at all times with company Health and Safety policies and procedures, in particular, the use of machinery and protective devices.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices throughout the designated working area.
- To carry out any additional tasks as agreed with the WSC Team Leader
Report all discrepancies that may have an effect on the performance of the contract to the WSC Team Leader.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Ideally applicants should be qualified to HNC level in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and have 5 years minimum experience in an aircraft engineering environment.
- Applicants should be flexible and willing to learn with a positive outlook toward the working environment.
- Some travel to other UK operations may be required.
- Must be a team player, able to work effectively individually or with groups to achieve common goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of SAP, MJDI and Microsoft Office software applications
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.