Multi Task Operative | Wattisham, Ipswich |GB14016
Multi Task Operatives required for our Leonardo Account based at Wattisham Mon - Fri. Non experienced candidates with a solid team/work ethic are welcome to apply as full training will be given.
Due to internal re-organisation within the Leonardo contract we have a vacancy for a Multi-Task Operative based at Wattisham, near Ipswich in Suffolk. Working as part of a small team, you will also be closely involved in all aspects of the day to day asset management of equipment, including goods receipt, stock location, dispatch preparation and packaging, providing logistics support to the Leonardo managed Apache Integrated Operational Support contract.
- To actively communicate with other agencies to achieve joint goals.
- Undertake all warehousing duties, including operation of MHE to ensure efficient operation of the Support Centre.
- Report all discrepancies that may have an effect on the performance of the contract to the Warehouse Team Leader
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned computer based tasks as required and ensure that all equipment is processed through the warehouse within the required turn- around times.
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas and comply at all times with company Health and Safety policies and procedures, in particular, the use of machinery and protective devices.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices throughout the designated working area.
- To carry out any additional tasks as agreed with the warehouse Team Leader
- Report all discrepancies that may have an effect on the performance of the contract to the warehouse Team Leader.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Applicants should be flexible and willing to learn with a positive outlook toward the working environment. Some travel to other UK operations may be required.
- Must be a team player, able to work effectively individually or with groups to achieve common goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of MJDI and Microsoft Office software applications
- The above list is not definitive and as such the job holder will be required to carry out other duties in order to achieve the objectives of the job and site.
- Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
- Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme, which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing center. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life. As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognize the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
UK Resourcing Team