Multi Task Operative/Storesman | Ipswich | GB14189
The main job role is to ensure that products are processed and handled correctly throughout the warehouse environment utilising MHE, manual handling and the appropriate computer systems to achieve and fulfil customer requirements efficiently, accurately and safely.
- Complete the daily MHE safety checks (where applicable)
- Carry out assigned tasks including picking, packing, goods receipt, checking, loading & unloading of vehicles, hygiene, van driving, MHE duties and the processing of returns
- Carry out assigned administrative tasks including but not limited to: allocation of orders and the booking in and out of stock
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned computer based tasks as required
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas
- Operate to trained work instructions e.g. ABC Modules/ WI
- Adhere to company standards as detailed in the Code of Conduct Policy
- Comply with all Safe Working Practices including the reporting of all accidents and incidents within the workplace
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Applicants should be flexible and willing to learn with a positive outlook toward the working environment. Some travel to other UK operations may be required.
- Must be a team player, able to work effectively individually or with groups to achieve common goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of MJDI and Microsoft Office software applications
- The above list is not definitive and as such the job holder will be required to carry out other duties in order to achieve the objectives of the job and site.
- Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
- Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme, which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life. As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing team