Warehouse Operative | United Kingdom | GB12068
Do you want to be part of a team that values the activity of each individual. As the Warehouse operative you will be able to provide support in a multi tasking environment.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage. Kuehne + Nagel provides a production support service package and through life support for Leonardo Helicopters that consists of all standard logistics activities such as goods receipt, quality inspection, storage and picking & packing. In addition, centers co-located with the end user ensure store to fitment service We are looking for a Warehouse operative With Warehouse experience and good IT skills.
- To support all day to day Warehouse and Supply Chain tasks as required in support of the service contract.
- To ensure all related tasks within the business units are carried out in line with the contracted customer requirements / Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) / working instructions.
- If required, be part of the AOG rota in order to fulfil the customers "Out Of Hours" requirements.
- Operate all MHE, including Forklift Trucks (training provided), as required to fulfil the output of the unit..
- Act as Building Lock Up and conduct security checks as required.
- Be prepared to conduct flexible working commitments between 08:00 and 2159 within contracted working hours.
- Conduct warehouse processes in line with the position of an warehouse Operative
- Ensuring, that at all times, the Company's Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, in particular, the use of machinery and protective devices
- To carry out any additional tasks as agreed with the Team Leader
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Must be totally flexible and willing to learn.
- Have an understanding of the need for attention to detail, with a "right first time" approach.
- Can demonstrate good communication skills.
- Experience of operating MJDI, is very desirable but not essential.
- Shall have confidence within a busy & diverse working environment and have the ability to prioritise work on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be computer literate and will have been trained in the use of MS Office Suite.
- Full driving license essential and be prepared to operate MHE (including FLT).
- Must be willing to undergo Security Check Clearance.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks