Do you want to make a difference in the lives of young people? Do you love adventure and the outdoors? If so, you might be the perfect fit for the National Citizen Service (NCS)!
NCS is a fun and rewarding program that helps 15-17-year-olds grow their confidence, skills and friendships. As an NCS Facilitator, you will join our amazing team of outdoor experts and guide the teens through exciting activities like rock climbing, water sports, bushcraft and more! DATES: This is a Summer programme, you will be required to work Monday to Friday in July and August.
LOCATIONS : You will work at one of our 7 residential sites in Staffordshire, Cumbria, or Durham. You will earn at least £11.56 per hour for an average of 37.5 hours per week. You will also get free accommodation and food while you are working.
If this sounds like your dream job, don't miss this opportunity! Apply now and join us for an unforgettable summer!
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting young people through the activities on offer, taking care of their welfare, wellbeing and H&S
- Supporting a variety of fun NCS sessions including icebreakers, team building, themed and reflection sessions.
- Completing basic admin tasks including daily registers, incident/accident forms, medical forms, session reviews, timesheets.
- Responsible for regularly accessing/ reading/ acknowledging documents such as session plans, risk assessments and young people care plans.
What we're looking for :
- Experience of working with young people.
- Previous NCS experience (desirable).
- Passionate about engaging in a range of outdoor activities and workshops.
- High personal standards in presentation and communication.
- Relevant experience working in a residential education setting and delivering outdoor education programmes (desirable).
- Successful candidates will be invited to an interview and expected to attend training and complete an Enhanced DBS check.
Entrust is a joint venture company between Capita and Staffordshire County Council and has supported educational establishments across England to improve outcomes since 2013.
'Excellence in education' is the heart of our business. Our passion is inspiring futures and improving outcomes for children, young people and adults.
We work in partnership with schools, academy trusts and Local Authorities to provide specialist expertise, ensuring every child and young person; receives a good education; is in a safe and healthy environment; and is given expert guidance to realise their full potential.
We also work with clients across a range of other sectors including central government, health, and the private sector.
Our achievements are underpinned by our vision 'to inspire futures' by being Open, Ingenious, Collaborative and Effective. By building on our reputation for excellence and delivering what we promise, we want to help make every school in England a good school, ensuring every child and young person gets the education they deserve.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.