Estates and Facilities | Home Based with Nationwide Travel | Competitive Salary plus Car/Allowance | Full Time – Permanent
Spire Healthcare has a new and exciting opportunity for a National Engineering Support Manager to join our team. This role will be home based with extensive National Travel across all of our Hospital sites.
The key driver for this role is to assist the Head of Estates and Engineering and Regional Engineering Managers to deliver and maintain a safe and effective engineering service across the Spire Estate network, by providing a reactive and preventative supporting role to our hospitals where identified ensuring they remain safe and compliant with national legislation and Spire policy.
Our vision is to be recognised as a world class healthcare business bringing together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive, cost effective, planned and preventative maintenance and repair programme for all engineering services and equipment, utilising the network Computerised Maintenance Management System; Pirana (CMMS).
Additionally, you will be instrumental in ensuring that an appropriate asset management procedure is in place for all engineering plant and equipment and working with other departmental manager’s to ensure an appropriate asset management plan is in place for all hospital equipment.
The successful candidate will also manage the engineering team, ensuring good communication and motivational practices take place.
Who we're looking for
- HND or equivalent
- Experience of working within a similar role, candidates with Healthcare sector experience will be preferred
- Member of the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management.
- Whilst not essential, it is desirable for you to hold relevant specialist certificates for Decontamination, MGPS, HVAC, Water and Electrical services.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employee’s well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.