Network architect with strong experience of :
a) writing high and low level designs for complex secure network hosting solutions
b) leading a team of network engineers to develop and deploy the network design
Cisco Nexus supporting layer 3 and layer 2 networking, VLAN, VRF and Inter – VLAN ACLs
Cisco ASR, inkling OTV, IPSEC and QOS configuration
Cisco ASA firewall firepower devices and Firepower management console
Cisco 2960 and 3650 switches
Solarwinds NCM, NPM and NTA
Juniper SRX firewalls
F5 DNS and LTM load balancers
The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers’ business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions. Responsible for the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
• Authority. Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger more complex solutions.
• Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
• Cost and risk. Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
• Influence. Represents Fujitsu at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build Fujitsu’s reputation in the market place.
• Business development. Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing Fujitsu.
• Requirements and design. Contributes to definition of customers’ overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
• Knowledge re-use. Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to Fujitsu’s knowledge base.