The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers’ business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
• Has complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings to make a recognized technical contribution.
• Designs small or medium scale solutions (or parts of larger solutions) which need minimal review following peer review.
• Defines the approach to small/medium scale solution development and acceptance testing, ensuring an acceptable cost structure.
• Represents Fujitsu at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build Fujitsu’s reputation in the market place.
• Uses influential relationships with customers’ management, and Fujitsu sales and project management staff, to contribute to winning the business.
• Designs innovative, medium scale solutions incorporating components from contributing specialists.
• Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the Fujitsu knowledge base.