The Networks team are responsible for the LAN/WAN technologies required to support the banks office and branch network, in conjunction with our chosen network suppliers/operators/partners, in order to help shape and influence designs, support implementations and be the centre of excellence for colleagues within the Networks team.
As a Subject Matter Expert in the Office and Branch Workplace team within Network Services, you will be involved in the on-going support and project activities related to the Wired and Wireless infrastructures supporting our Campus and large Branch networks, including the management of both internal networks and customer guest networks.
You'll ensure the service operates efficiently and cost effectively and will constantly be looking at service improvements, optimising performance of both the infrastructure and suppliers with a heavy reliance on the latter, given this is a technical supplier management role primarily.
You'll also be providing assistance to the Platform Lead/HOF with a defined strategy for the platform and driving our managed service suppliers/delivery partners to ensure a modern agile infrastructure. In order to succeed in this highly technical and specialised role, you'll need to have excellent communication skills, an analytical mind set, display attention to detail and the ability to drive a step change in infrastructure approach.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Provide consultancy and advice to the business for network requirements and recommend technically sound, appropriate, cost effective deliverables
* Analyse, design and manage deployment of small, medium and large scale network solutions to meet stated business requirements
* Take responsibility for and provide technical input to projects, ensuring timely delivery of requirements including effective management of both internal and third party resources
* Assist in the diagnosis, resolution and root cause analysis of network issues by providing technical expertise and support whilst working with our managed suppliers
* Drive the identification of Root Cause and resolution of Problem records for service affecting issues within agreed approaches
* Take ownership for network problems and deliver to agreed actions within timescales whilst driving suppliers
* Assist in delivering annual run rate savings through automation and other service improvements/efficiencies/process changes
* Understand and keep abreast of industry developments with a view to proactively interfacing into IT Cyber Security, AMI & CIO - influence the architectural direction of Network Infrastructure
* Support, or assume responsibility, for agreed change projects, coordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverables and continuous improvement within the required time, cost and quality parameters
* Assist with development of colleagues and third parties through coaching and technical guidance
* Co-ordinate the preparation of information for planning and forecasting infrastructure lifecycle management
* Identify, review, evaluate and mitigate potential risks ensuring adherence to relevant risk policies and frameworks or to ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
* Positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours
What skills and experience you'll bring?
Whilst this position is a hands off technical role and has a particular focus on technically driving our managed service providers, in-depth technical knowledge is still required in the following areas:
* Cisco Networking products - in particular Cisco switches such as 3650, 2960X, Routers such as ASR1001x, ISR1941
* Cisco specific Wireless products including Wireless Controllers, Access Points, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, 802.11x
* General networking knowledge to a minimum of CCNA-level including demonstrable TCP/IP knowledge in a large scale environment
* Exposure to Cisco DNA, SDA, both Wireless and wired network design and site survey capabilities (including use of the Ekahau toolset) is an advantage
* Capability to automate data collections from infrastructure components such as Prime using REST API is also beneficial
* Ability to provide technical guidance to colleagues & third parties
* Planning and co-ordination skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise and to work with a minimum of supervision is key
* Ability to present technical information at an appropriate level with good presentational skills
* Ability to identify and explain business benefits resulting from a technical strategy
* Excellent stakeholder management skills
* Cost conscious with financial awareness
* Change Management awareness
* Organisational awareness
What you'll get in return?
We'll provide you with a wider reward package including:
- A competitive base salary
- A performance-related share bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- A flexible benefit fund to suit your lifestyle (4% cash in addition to your base salary)
- Private health cover
- 30 days holidays (plus bank holidays)
So if this sounds like your ideal next role, get in touch today as we'd love to hear from you.........