We have a fantastic opportunity for a New Product Development Technologist to work within our cuisine centre based in St Albans supporting the development of new meals to be part of our steamplicity range. Job Description
- Up to £28k dependent on experience
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The Ideal Candidate
- Co-ordinate and manage development samples and prepare samples for submissions internally and externally
- Ordering of new ingredients and packaging and helping to manage suppliers
- Ensure all ingredient and product specifications are available from suppliers and internally in a timely manner in line with submissions and factory trials.
- Costing of new products to help ensure they are commercially viable
- Assessing the cook times and portion sizes of new products.
- Assist with managing the handover process to production teams following product approval.
- Assist with factory trials to ensure kitchen samples are replicated in the factory.
- Manage the NPD kitchen and ingredients.
- Calculate nutritional data for all products.
- Complete presentations prior to submissions for clients.
- There will be some travelling required between the St Albans and St Helens sites, as well occasionally to supplier and client sites.
About The Company
- Food Science / Technology / Nutrition Degree or equivalent
- Ideally 1-3 years' experience in NPD with manufacturing, ideally working with chilled products. Will consider driven graduate.
- Food manufacturing safety & hygiene legislation desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Good Manufacturing Practice
- A true foodie
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good PC skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Driving licence essential
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.