Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky News is looking for a Newsroom Manager to support the newsroom with the office administration. The position will be based in Osterley.
The successful candidate will work alongside a second Newsroom Manager who between them will manage the smooth administration of the newsroom tasks over the full 52 weeks of the year.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised, with excellent communication skills & has an interest and good understanding of the news agenda.
To be successful in this role you must be prepared to work in a fast and highly-driven team, be proactive and have a methodical and detailed approach to work as well as being able to prioritise your workload.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Foreign Desk & Operations Manager, you'll be expected to assist in the delivery of the following responsibilities:
- New starter processing including work experience and apprentices.
- Scheduling rotas for departments within Sky News.
- Raising HR & IT requests for onboarding process.
- Assisting with logistical & administration processes directly linked to news coverage.
- Administration of training programmes.
- Researching and booking travel for deploying teams, including restrictions surrounding the covid-19 pandemic.
- Applications for accreditation and permissions to attend news events across the globe
- Raising orders in line with budgets.
- Processing of timesheets and invoices.
- Stationary orders/business cards/phones/laptops/mac requests.
- Building/facility issues.
- Maintaining of DLs.
- Occasional diary management for senior management.
- Building and maintaining good relationships in the newsroom and across Sky campus.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrable experience of working alongside teams in a complex, fast paced environment.
- First class communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Evidence of prioritising workload.
- Appreciation of the ever-changing media world and its requirements.
- Newsroom experience is desirable.
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.