Check in with Hilton and watch your new career take off today by joining the team at Hilton East Midlands Airport.
Help by welcoming our guests before they take off for their holiday or join us for a business meeting the Hilton at East Midlands Airport is well equipped to support our guests have a stay to remember.
When we say welcoming we mean it! Offering 152 contemporary bedrooms, complemented by a wonderful food and beverage offering including the relaxing The Whisk & Ladle Bar and Kitchen, plenty of versatile meeting and events space, and high performance Livingwell gym and swimming pool.
*Do you want to work for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work 2021? If so, we have a world of opportunities available for you at Hilton Hotels and Resorts!*
We are looking for positive and friendly Night Porter join our brilliant team.
A Night Porter carries out general duties to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed.
What will I be doing?
As a Night Porter, you are responsible for carrying out general duties and to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Night Porter will also be required to ensure all back of house areas are kept clean, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
• Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
• Setting up meeting rooms
• Setting up the buffet breakfast (Cold Section)
• Preparing food and serving drinks
• Observe COSHH guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
• Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
• Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
• For this role please note you will need a full UK driving license to be able to drive an 8 seater minibu
What are we looking for?
A Night Porter serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Positive attitude
• full clean UK drivers license
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous portering experience in similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!