About Exeter CITY Community Trust
Exeter CITY Community Trust is Exeter’s leading health and wellbeing charity. We deliver programmes in physical activity, education, social inclusion, and health and wellbeing to tens of thousands of people throughout Exeter and Devon. We have a large and varied portfolio of programmes, each of which seeks to address a specific need of our community.
About the Role
We are looking to employ an individual whom is motivated, empathetic, keeps calm under pressure, can work on their own initiative but also as a team player with effective communication and active listening skills, whom can work across a defined geographical area assisting in the delivery of a high-quality support & housing service to our service users. The post of Housing Support, involves working through the night, to maintain the wellbeing of customers, minimise disruptions in or around the building, to record and report necessary information to other individuals within the team, and to work in collaboration with other agencies that work with us.
You will work on a rota system, to assist with customer enquiries, monitor and maintain the welfare of others, risk management, safeguarding individuals.
- To provide effective support to the clients of our supported housing service.
- To assist with customer queries and issues and to resolve these effectively.
- To complete relevant administration tasks, when required, to facilitate the delivery of the supported housing scheme.
- Provide proactive customer services support to all service users of Exeter City Community Trust Housing.
- Adhere to the working practices and procedures.
- Deal effectively with any immediate issues such as security issues, fire alarms, or service users’ needs.
- Contact relevant agencies / persons if there is a concern about a service user’s welfare or safety.
- Operation of the Security Controls including, monitoring CCTV, alarms and access control systems.
- Escalate all Emergency repairs and maintenance calls.
- Ensure any vacant rooms and all communal areas and the premises as a whole are in acceptable condition.
- Develop and strengthen local partnerships and fostering positive relationships with key local contacts including neighbours.
- Support and assist Housing Officers by taking statements and preparing evidence to support appropriate interventions.
- To consistently meet and exceed performance targets and to keep full, accurate and timely records.
- To assist in a range of duties associated with tackling tenancy breaches effectively in line with policy and procedure and in line with wider community safety and crime reduction priorities.
- Ensure that all serious concerns are reported to a team leader / manager, and / or the Police as appropriate.
- Ensure that safeguarding’s, incidents, accidents and near misses are reported and responded to appropriately.
- Complete accident, incident and service user’s file logs, and ensure that there is a written record of anything of significance throughout the night.
- Provide reports and data as required by team leaders or managers.
- Ensure that health and safety and security checks are completed on a regular basis; escalating any concerns as appropriate.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
Key Relationships – Internal
- Supported Housing Operations Manager
- Supported Housing Department
- Wider ECCT Departments
Key Relationships – External
Parking, workplace pension scheme, 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) access to a variety of offers throughout the year through the community trust’s on-going activities. Access to courses for personal development.
Exeter City Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.