Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for customer service? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Kitchen Porter to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Patient Dining team, who deliver outstanding catering services. What we'll give:
Night Kitchen Porter
More about the role:
- £14.55 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- 5 out of 7 days
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Collecting, washing and sanitising pots, pans, plates and cutlery.
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept in an organised manner
- Clean food preparation area's and equipment
- Making sure the kitchen equipment is stored in a quick and efficient manner
- Receive all stock, store and check for quality and quantity; ensuring that all stock is dated and rotated
- Removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
- To assist in the preparation and food production when required
- Adhere to all health and safety requirement set out by the company.
Who we are:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a Kitchen porter before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.