At Milton Hill House Abingdon, we are recruiting for a Night Manager to join our great team in the Front Desk area. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hospitality industry and wants to provide great service to our guests, contributing to them having a wonderful experience with us. Job Description
More about the role:
- £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- Working 5 out of 7 - 23:00pm - 07:00am
- Meals on duty and Free onsite parking
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention
- To attend to customer queries and enquiries in a caring and helpful manner and with a commitment to dealing with the issue in a positive way
- To anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of service offered by the venue, to ensure customer loyalty is maintained
- Ensure all customers receive a warm welcome first time every time
- Take an active role within the operational senior team, helping to shape the overall offer of the location to its customers
- To identify new opportunities in order to increase profit contributions and cost control in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that all Compass processes and procedures relating to financial activities, record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Conduct physical external & internal patrols in accordance to requirements
Who we are:
- Effective communicator.
- Proven understanding and experience on the leisure and attraction industry.
- Able to motivate and inspire people at all levels.
- Confident and in challenging and questioning existing practices.
- Fully flexible and willing to adapt to ever changing environments.
- Proven experience in managing successful teams that deliver results.
- Operational experience in a similar role.
- Foodservice or similar background.
- Financial acumen with a clear understanding of P&L responsibility.
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness.
- I.T & computer literate to a high level.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Venues Collection, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, are a unique collection of eight mid-range venues. We bring people together, offering them spaces to meet, spaces to sleep and spaces to celebrate. From large scale conferences, small meetings, team building and every business trip in- between to weddings, family get together and weekends away with friends and loved one. Whatever guests need we have space for it.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.